2.1. Starting Installation¶
Virtuozzo can be installed from
IPMI virtual drives
USB drives (see Preparing for Installation from USB Storage Drives)
PXE servers (see the Installation via PXE Server guide for information on installing Virtuozzo over the network)
In Virtuozzo 7, time synchronization via NTP is enabled by default using the
chronydservice. If you want to use
ntpd, stop and disable
To start the installation, do the following:
- Configure the server to boot from the chosen media.
- Boot the server and wait for the welcome screen.
2.1.1. Choosing Installation Type¶
You can install Virtuozzo 7 in one of the following modes:
- Graphics. In this mode, you can install Virtuozzo components with one of the following management interfaces:
- Basic graphics (in case of issues with video card drivers), see Installing Virtuozzo in Basic Graphics Mode.
- Graphics via VNC, see Installing Virtuozzo via VNC.
- Text (Virtuozzo Storage cannot be installed in this mode), see Installing Virtuozzo in Text Mode.
Your further installation steps will differ depending on the chosen mode.
2.1.2. Enabling Forced Detection of SSDs¶
Certain solid-state drives (SSDs) may not be autodetectable by the installer. This may result in issues when you create or join Virtuozzo Storage clusters. To avoid this problem, you can force the installer to identify the required drives as SSDs by doing the following:
Select the required installation option (e.g., Install Virtuozzo 7) and press E to start editing it.
ssd_hack=sd<N>[,...]at the end of the line starting with
linux /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz. For example:
linux /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=<VZ7_ISO_image> quiet ip=dhcp \ ssd_hack=sdb,sdc
Press Ctrl-X to start booting the chosen installation option.
The installer should identify the specified drives as SSDs.