9.5. Account Policy¶
It is recommended to minimize the number of accounts in the host OS to make it more secure.
The general recommendations for all Linux distributions are:
- create a non-privileged account for performing non-privileged tasks in the system;
sudofor performing privileged tasks;
- disable remote root logon, use a non-privileged user for this;
- disable system user logon;
- force periodical password changes;
- disable accounts after a number of login failures.
Version 7.0.8 — Aug 31, 2018