1.1. Virtuozzo Overview¶
Virtuozzo is a bare-metal virtualization solution that includes container virtualization, KVM-based virtual machines, software-defined storage along with enterprise features and production support. It runs on top of Virtuozzo Linux, a RHEL-based Linux distribution.
Virtuozzo provides the best value for cost-conscious organizations enabling them to:
- standardize server hardware platforms,
- effectively consolidate server resources,
- consolidate and support legacy operating systems and applications,
- streamline server and application deployment, maintenance, and management,
- simplify software testing and development,
- optimize server and application availability.