MDS servers are a critical component of any storage cluster, and monitoring the health and state of MDS servers is a crucial task. To monitor MDS servers, use the
vstorage -c <cluster_name> top command. For example:
The command above shows detailed information about the
stor1 cluster. The monitoring parameters for MDS servers (highlighted in red) are the following:
MDS server identifier (ID).
The letter “M” before ID, if present, means that the given server is the master MDS server.
- MDS server status.
- Total time the MDS server spent writing to the local journal.
- Local journal commit rate.
- MDS server activity time.
- Amount of physical memory the MDS server uses.
- Time elapsed since the last MDS server start.
- MDS server hostname or IP address.