- You can only attach and detach non-boot volumes.
- A volume is created, as described in Creating and deleting volumes.
- To be able to use volumes attached to VMs, they must be initialized inside the guest OS by standard means.
To attach a volume to a virtual machine
To detach a volume from a virtual machine
- On the Compute > Storage > Volumes screen, click a volume that is in use.
- If the VM is stopped, click Detach on the volume right pane.
If the VM is running, click Force detach on the volume right pane.
There is a risk of data loss.