- You cannot delete a placement that has nodes, images, or flavors.
- After deleting a placement, it is not automatically unassigned from virtual machines and volumes. To clean up placements from VMs and volumes, use the
--no-placementsoption for the
vinfra service compute server setand
vinfra service compute volume setcommands.
- Placements for compute nodes are created, as described in Creating placements.
- Before deleting a placement, ensure that its assignments are removed by following instructions in Changing placement assignment.
To rename a placement
- On the Compute > Nodes > Placements tab, select the required placement, and then click Edit on its right pane.
- Enter a new name, and then click Save.
To delete a placement
- On the Compute > Nodes > Placements tab, select the required placement.
- On the placement right pane, click Delete.
- In the confirmation window, click Delete placement.