Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure supports remote direct memory access (RDMA) over InfiniBand (IB) for the storage backend network. The RDMA technology allows servers in this network to exchange data in main memory without involving their processors, cache or operating systems, thus freeing up resources and improving throughput and performance. By default, RDMA is disabled.
- Your RDMA network infrastructure must be ready before you install Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure.
- You can enable or disable RDMA only before creating the storage cluster.
- Enabling or disabling RDMA may temporarily affect cluster availability.
- Each network adapter connected to a network with the Storage traffic type supports RDMA.
- InfiniBand devices are configured on all of your nodes, as described in Configuring InfiniBand devices.
To enable RDMA
Use the toggle switch on the Settings > System settings > RDMA screen.