The general network requirements are the following:
- All network interfaces on a node must be connected to different subnets. A network interface can be a VLAN-tagged logical interface, an untagged bond, or an Ethernet link.
- The network for internal traffic can be non-routable, with minimum 10 Gbit/s bandwidth.
- Nodes are added to clusters by their IP addresses, not FQDNs. Changing the IP address of a node in the cluster will remove that node from the cluster. If you plan to use DHCP in a cluster, make sure that IP addresses are bound to the MAC addresses of the nodes’ network interfaces.
- Each node must have Internet access so that updates can be installed.
- Network time synchronization is required for correct statistics. It is enabled by default via the
chronydservice. If you want to use
ntpd, stop and disable