Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure offers load balancing as a service for the compute infrastructure. Load balancing ensures fault tolerance and improves performance of web applications by distributing incoming network traffic across virtual machines from a balancing pool. A load balancer receives and then routes incoming requests to a suitable VM based on a configured balancing algorithm and VM health.
Load balancers are created and managed by self-service users, as described in "Managing load balancers" in the Self-Service Guide. However, to provide self-service users with this functionality, you need to install the load balancer service in the admin panel.
In the current version of Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure, the installed service cannot be removed.
- For self-service users to be able to create highly available load balancers, the compute cluster must have at least two nodes.
- If you install the service after creating a project, load balancers are not automatically enabled in the project quotas.
- The compute cluster is created, as described in Creating the compute cluster.
To install the load balancer service
- Go to the Settings > Add-on services screen.
- In the Load balancer service section, click Install.
Run the following command:
# vinfra service compute cluster set --enable-lbaas