This chart displays vCPU reservations in the compute cluster. A vCPU reservation is a guarantee on vCPUs for a service or virtual machine. The following statistics are available:
- The total number of virtual CPUs in the compute cluster. It is a product of the total number of physical CPUs on all compute nodes and the overcommitment ratio.
- The number of virtual CPUs reserved for the system and storage services on all nodes in the compute cluster. To learn more about CPU reservations for different services, refer to Server requirements.
- The number of virtual CPUs provisioned for all virtual machines in the compute cluster.
- The number of free virtual CPUs on all nodes in the compute cluster.
- The number of virtual CPUs on all fenced nodes in the compute cluster.
- Overcommitment ratio
The ratio of the number of virtual CPUs to physical.
The parameter is set in /etc/kolla/nova-compute/nova.conf. You can change it by using the command
vinfra service compute set --nova-compute-cpu-allocation-ratio <value>(refer to "Changing parameters in OpenStack configuration files" in the Administrator Command Line Guide).
A similar chart is available for each individual node in the compute cluster.