Providers can suspend assets due to administrative purposes or payment issues. Suspending an asset temporarily disables its items. In a suspended state, an asset item does not operate but can be resumed without any data loss. Providers can also create billing requests of assets with the reservation model. A billing request provides information about billing of item associated with the asset for a particular period.
To perform any of these actions, go to the asset details page, click Actions and select an action from the Provider Actions list.
Customers can change resource reservation by changing asset items and cancel subscription by canceling an asset.
To change asset items, do the following:
Go to the asset details page, click Actions and select Change.
- In Change Asset - Step 1 Overview, read the information and click Next.
In Change Asset - Step 2 Asset Items, set new quantity values for the desired items and click Create change request.
- In Change Asset - Step 3 Summary, check the asset and request status and click Close.
If an asset is no longer needed, a customer can cancel it as follows:
- Go to the asset details page, click Actions and select Cancel.
- In Cancel asset — Step 1 Overview, read the information and click Create cancel request.
- In Cancel asset — Step 2 Summary, check the asset and fulfillment request status and click Close.
Once an asset is canceled, its status becomes Terminated and the asset cannot be processed. A new fulfillment request must be created in order to proceed.
In Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure, the asset project is disabled after an asset is canceled.