To create a new customer and assign the new backup destination in Acronis Cyber Cloud
- Log in to the Acronis Cyber Cloud management console.
- Navigate to Settings > Locations. Ensure the system created a new backup destination with the corresponding name derived from the DNS name.
- Set up the backup agents, as described in the Acronis Cyber Protect User Guide.
- Create a new customer account:
- Click New in the upper-right corner and select Customer.
- Provide the customer general information: name, mode and language. Then specify customer’s email, language, first and last names for an administrator account.
- Select services that you would like to provide to the new customer.
- Specify the customer’s devices and workloads, such as servers and workstations.
- In the section Location, click the current location name to display all the available options. Select the required storage.
- Click Done to complete the whole process.
- To confirm your account, check your email and follow the steps in the activation request.
To set up backup storage in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud or Acronis Cyber Protect
- Log in to Acronis Cyber Cloud as the administrator.
- Open the Clients screen. Click the created customer, and then click Manage service on the Overview screen. The customer’s Cyber Backup Management Console will open.
- On the Devices screen, click Add on the toolbar. Select the device you want to add. For our evaluation scenario, select a workstation with the operating system currently in use. The backup agent installer will be downloaded.
- In the backup agent installer:
- Click Install.
- On the Almost done… screen, click Register the machine.
- Enter the device registration info and confirm it.
- Ensure you are using the customer’s account you’ve created: check the user in the upper-right corner.
When the registration is complete, the added device will be displayed on the Devices > All devices screen of the customer’s Backup Management Console.
To create a backup from the customer’s machine, do the following:
- Click the device and select Protect in the right menu.
Click Add plan and specify its details. For our evaluation scenario, enable only the Backup feature:
- In What to back up, select Files/folders.
- In Items to back up, select the required file or folder.
- In Where to back up, select the destination cloud storage.
- In Schedule, set None by turning it off.
- Click Create and the backup plan will be listed on the left.
- Click Run now to start the backup process.
When the process is completed, you can view the backed-up files on the Backup storage > Locations screen. Click the required customer to see the files you uploaded earlier. Double-click the backup name to display its details on the right. You can click Recover files/folders to navigate to the uploaded files and download them if necessary.