To install Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure, do the following:
Obtain the distribution ISO image. To do that, visit the product page and submit a request for the trial version.
- Prepare the bootable media using the distribution ISO image (mount it to an IPMI virtual drive, create a bootable USB drive, or set up a PXE server).
- Boot the server from the chosen media.
- On the Welcome screen, choose Install Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure.
- On step 1, carefully read the End-User License Agreement. Accept it by selecting the I accept the End-User License Agreement check box, and then click Next.
- On step 2, configure a static IP address for the network interface and provide a host name: either a fully qualified domain name (<hostname>.<domainname>) or a short name (<hostname>). A dynamic IP is not recommended as it might cause issues with reaching the nodes. Check that the network settings are correct.
- On step 3, choose your time zone. Date and time will be set via NTP. You will need an Internet connection for synchronization to complete.
- On step 4, specify what type of node you are installing. First, deploy one primary node. Then, deploy as many secondary nodes as you need.
- If you chose to deploy the primary node, select two network interfaces: for internal management and configuration and for access to the admin panel. Also create and confirm a password for the superadmin account of the admin panel. This node will be the management node.
If you chose to deploy a secondary node, provide the IP address of the management node and the token. Both are obtained from the admin panel. Log in to the admin panel on port 8888. The panel’s IP address is shown in the console after deploying the primary node. Enter the default username admin and the superadmin account password. In the admin panel, open Infrastructure > Nodes, and then click Connect node, to invoke a screen with the management node address and the token.
The node may appear on the Infrastructure > Nodes screen with the Unassigned status as soon as the token is validated. However, you will be able to join it to the storage cluster only after the installation is complete.
- On step 5, choose a disk for the operating system. This disk will have the supplementary role System, although you will still be able to set it up for data storage in the admin panel. You can also create software RAID1 for the system disk, to ensure its high performance and availability.
- On step 6, enter and confirm the password for the root account, and then click Start installation.
Once the installation is complete, the node will reboot automatically. The admin panel IP address will be shown in the welcome prompt.
To get detailed information on the node, log in to the admin panel on port 8888, go to the Infrastructure > Nodes screen, and then click the node name. Go to the Disks tab to configure or view the node disks, or go to the Network tab to configure the node’s network interfaces.