Create a compute volume from the vz-guest-tools-win or vz-guest-tools-lin image, depending on the VM operating system:If you do not have these images in your project, obtain them from the official repository and upload them to your project, as described in Uploading images.
- On the Images screen, click the vz-guest-tools-win or vz-guest-tools-lin image.
- On the image right pane, click Create volume.
- In the Create volume from image window, specify a name for the volume, and then click Create.
Attach the volume with the guest tools to the virtual machine:
- On the Virtual machines screen, click the required VM.
- On the VM right pane, click the pencil icon in the Volumes field.
- In the Volumes window, click Attach.
- In the Attach volume window, select the created volume with the guest tools, and then click Attach. The attached volume will be marked as ISO.
- In the Volumes window, click Done, to save your changes.
- Log in to the virtual machine.
Inside the VM, do the following:
- Inside a Windows VM, go to the mounted optical drive in Explorer and install the guest tools by running setup.exe. After the installation is complete, restart the VM.
Inside a Linux VM, create a mount point for the optical drive with the guest tools image and run the installer:
# mkdir /mnt/cdrom # mount <path_to_guest_tools_iso> /mnt/cdrom # bash /mnt/cdrom/install