- The backup storage is created by following the instructions in Creating backup storage on the local cluster, Creating backup storage on an external NFS share, or Creating backup storage in a public cloud.
To create a new customer and assign the new backup destination in Acronis Cyber Cloud
- Log in to the Acronis Cyber Cloud management console.
- Navigate to Settings > Locations. Ensure the system created a new backup destination with the corresponding name derived from the DNS name.
- Set up the backup agents, as described in the Acronis Cyber Protect User Guide.
- Create a new customer account:
- Click New in the upper-right corner and select Customer.
- Provide the customer general information: name, mode and language. Then specify customer’s email, language, first and last names for an administrator account.
- Select services that you would like to provide to the new customer.
- Specify the customer’s devices and workloads, such as servers and workstations.
- In the section Location, click the current location name to display all the available options. Select the required storage.
- Click Done to complete the whole process.
- To confirm your account, check your email and follow the steps in the activation request.
To set up backup storage in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud or Acronis Cyber Protect
- Log in to Acronis Cyber Cloud as the administrator.
- Open the Clients screen. Click the created customer, and then click Manage service on the Overview screen. The customer’s Cyber Backup Management Console will open.
- On the Devices screen, click Add on the toolbar. Select the device you want to add. The backup agent installer will be downloaded.
- In the backup agent installer:
- Click Install.
- On the Almost done… screen, click Register the machine.
- Enter the device registration info and confirm it.
- Ensure you are using the customer’s account you’ve created: check the user in the upper-right corner.
When the registration is complete, the added device will be displayed on the Devices > All devices screen of the customer’s Backup Management Console.