Storage space for backups from the Acronis Cyber suite is provisioned via a Backup Gateway, which connects Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud or Acronis Cyber Protect to a destination storage. The destination storage can be one of the following:
- The local Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure cluster
- An external Network File System (NFS) share
- A public cloud
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is not supported for Backup Gateway registration in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. To register Backup Gateway, mark a user as a service account, as described in the Acronis Cyber Cloud documentation, and specify the user credentials during the registration.
- A clear understanding of backup storage, which is explained in About backup storage.
- Your hardware meets the requirements listed in Backup storage requirements.
- Your infrastructure networks are set up, as described in Setting up networks for backup storage.
- The storage cluster is created by following the instructions in Deploying the storage cluster.
- A partner account exists in Acronis Cyber Cloud.
If you have enabled login control for the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud web interface, ensure that the public IP address of your backup storage cluster is specified among the allowed IP addresses, as instructed in the Acronis Cyber Cloud documentation.
- Create backup storage on this cluster, an NFS share, or in a public cloud.
- Configure Acronis Cyber Cloud to use the new backup location.