File storage space is provisioned via Network File System (NFS) exports created in the NFS cluster.
- A clear understanding of file storage, which is explained in About file storage.
- Your hardware meets the requirements listed in Server requirements.
- Your infrastructure networks are set up, as described in Setting up networks for file storage.
- The storage cluster is created by following the instructions in Deploying the storage cluster.
- Create the NFS cluster.
- Create NFS shares.
- Create NFS exports.
- Access NFS shares by mounting user exports (refer to "Accessing NFS shares" in the Storage User’s Guide).