- When the last node in the S3 cluster is removed, the cluster is destroyed and all of the data is deleted.
- The S3 cluster is created, as described in Creating the S3 cluster.
- The cluster has enough nodes running name and object servers, as well as gateways left.
To release a node from the S3 cluster
- Go to the Storage services > S3 > Nodes screen.
- Select one or more nodes in the Included in S3 cluster section, and then click Release.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window.
To release not the last node from the S3 cluster, run:
# vinfra service s3 node release --nodes <nodes>
To release the last node and destroy the S3 cluster, run:
# vinfra service s3 cluster delete [--force]