- If you have the compute cluster deployed, all running virtual machines must be stopped and no VMs should be in a transitional state.
- If you have the NFS or block storage cluster deployed, iSCSI LUNs and NFS exports must be unmounted on the client’s side before stopping the services. Otherwise, shutting down the cluster may result in data loss.
To shut down the entire cluster
Shut down cluster nodes that are not running metadata services. To distinguish such nodes, go to Infrastructure > Nodes and look for the nodes without the Metadata service. On each of these nodes, do one of the following:
If you can access the node remotely, execute:
# shutdown -h now
- If you can access the node physically, briefly press the power button once
- Shut down cluster nodes with metadata services by using the command from the previous step.
To start up the cluster
- Boot the nodes with the Metadata or/and Admin panel services.
- Turn on the other cluster nodes.
- Check the storage and compute cluster statuses before starting working with Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure.