Before creating backup storage, make sure that the DNS configuration meets the requirements outlined in Hardware requirements. In addition, port 44445 should be open for inbound/outbound connections for network interface with the Backup (ABGW) public role (this is the public network in our evaluation scenario).
- Configure a new storage for storing and managing your customers’ backups by using the Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure admin panel. To do this, log in to the Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure and navigate to Storage services, and then to Backup storage.
- Click Create backup storage.
- On the Backup destination step, select Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure cluster. In our evaluation scenario, the customers’ data will be stored and managed on the storage cluster nodes.
- On the Nodes step, select nodes to add to the backup storage cluster, and then click Next.
- On the Storage policy step, select the desired tier, failure domain, and data redundancy mode that will be applied to your customers’ backups. Then, click Next.
- On the DNS step, specify a DNS name that will be associated with the selected cluster and used to register that cluster within Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud (like backup.example.com). The new DNS name is associated with each node’s IP address in the selected cluster. A specific node for backup operations is selected automatically by the backup agent. It depends on a number of factors, such as node availability and load. Click Next.
- On the Acronis account step, specify the URL of your Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud instance. By default, it is https://cloud.acronis.com. If you use Acronis Cyber Protect, at this stage you should use the IP address of the corresponding machine to access the Backup Management Console. For the evaluation scenario, provide a login and password for Acronis Cyber Cloud administrator account. Click Next.
Test the DNS setup locally before going public. To do this, you can add the DNS name to the /etc/hosts file on machines you will use to access the backup storage. For example, 192.168.1.10 backup.example.com.
- On the Summary step, review the configuration, and then click Create.
The deployment will start immediately. As soon as it is over, you will see three tabs: Overview, Nodes, Geo-replication, and Settings. On the Overview tab, for example, you can see the information about the registered gateways and their performance.
If the current storage does not have a public IP address and a DNS name, the Web Restore tool for Acronis Cyber Cloud cannot work properly.