Recovering Virtual Machines
To complete migration, virtual machines need to be recovered from their backups to the desired location.
One prerequisite is that a virtual machine must be stopped during recovery. By default, the software stops the machine without a prompt. When the recovery is completed, you have to start the machine manually. You can change the default behavior by using the VM power management recovery option (Recovery options > VM power management).
To recover a VM to a desired location:
Do one of the following:
Click Recover > Entire machine.
By default, the software automatically selects the original machine as the target machine.
To recover to another virtual machine, click Target machine, and then do the following:
- Select the hypervisor Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure.
- Select whether to recover to a new or existing machine.
- Select the storage, domain, project and specify the new machine name, or select an existing target machine.
- Click OK.
- Setup up the additional recovery options if needed.
Click Start recovery.
- When recovering to an existing virtual machine, confirm that you want to overwrite the disks.
The recovery progress is shown on the Activities tab.
After a successful migration, you will see your VM in Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure.