You can unbind a stopped VM from the node it is hosted on and release its reserved resources such as CPU and RAM. A shelved VM remains bootable and retains its configuration, including the IP addresses.
- Virtual machines are created, as described in Creating virtual machines.
To shelve a virtual machine
- Click the desired virtual machine.
- If the VM is stopped, click Shelve on its right pane.
- If the VM is running or suspended, click Shut down or Power off on its right pane, and then select Shelve virtual machine in the confirmation window.
To spawn a shelved VM on a node with enough resources to host it
- Click a shelved virtual machine.
- On the VM right pane, click Unshelve.