3.3. Starting Installation¶
The installation program requires a minimum screen resolution of 800x600. With 800x600, however, you may experience issues with the user interface. For example, some elements can be inaccessible. The recommended screen resolution is at least 1024x768.
To start the installation, do the following:
Configure the server to boot from the chosen media.
Boot the server and wait for the welcome screen.
On the welcome screen, do one of the following:
If you want to set installation options manually, choose Install Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform.
If you want to install Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform in the unattended mode, press E to edit the menu entry, append kickstart file location to the
linuxline, and press Ctrl+X. For example:
linux /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=<ISO_image> quiet ip=dhcp \ logo.nologo=1 inst.ks=<URL>
If you choose Install Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform, you will be asked to complete these steps:
- Read and accept the user agreement.
- Set up the network.
- Choose a time zone. The date and time will be configured via NTP.
- Choose what storage cluster node you are installing: first or second/other. You can also choose to skip this step so you can add the node to the storage cluster manually later.
- Choose the destination disk to install Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform on.
- Create the root password and start installation.
These steps are described in detail in the following sections.