3.4. Monitoring Storage Cluster Remotely¶
You can monitor your storage cluster via Prometheus remotely. To do this, you need to open a TCP port for Prometheus API to be accessible from the outside.
To open a port, do the following:
On the INFRASTRUCTURE > Networks screen, click Edit and then Create traffic type.
In the New traffic type window, specify a custom name in the Name field and
9090in the Port field.
Add the newly created traffic type to your public network by ticking the corresponding checkbox.
Click Save to apply the changes.
If you have an external Grafana account and want to use it for monitoring Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform, you can add Prometheus as a data source as follows:
- Log in into your Grafana user interface.
- Click the cogwheel icon in the left menu and select Data Sources.
- On the Data Sources tab, click Add data source.
- On the Data Sources / New screen, specify the following parameters:
- Enter a custom data source name in the Name field.
- Set Type to
http://<admin_panel_IP_address>:9090in the URL field.
- Click Save & Test.
If the specified parameters are correct, the
Data source is working message will appear.
Using the newly added Prometheus data source, you can import the default Grafana dashboards from Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform or create new ones.