The following describes how to create new or modify an existing serial port on a virtual machine.
First, you have to set the emulation type using the PrlVmDev_SetEmulatedType function. The available types are:
- PDT_USE_REAL_DEVICE - real port.
- PDT_USE_OUTPUT_FILE - output file.
- PDT_USE_OTHER - socket.
Second, you must call the PrlVmDev_SetSysName
and the PrlVmDev_SetFriendlyName
functions. These functions are used differently depending on the emulation type that you chose in the first step.
- Choose a real port and pass its ID to the PrlVmDev_SetSysName function.
- Pass the physical port name to the PrlVmDev_SetFriendlyName function.
- Choose an output file name and path, then pass it to both functions as a parameter.
- Choose a socket name and path, then pass it to both functions as a parameter.
- Call the PrlVmDevSerial_SetSocketMode function to set the socket mode.
Copyright ©2016-2017 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved.