This guide describes how to upgrade
- Virtuozzo 6 to Virtuozzo 7 in both local storage and Virtuozzo Storage scenarios,
- OpenVZ 7 to Virtuozzo 7.
When upgrading Virtuozzo 6, you can
- upgrade Virtuozzo 6 servers by using temporary spare Virtuozzo 6 servers,
- migrate VMs and containers from Virtuozzo 6 servers to new Virtuozzo 7 servers,
- upgrade Virtuozzo 6 servers in-place if certain requirements are met.
The exact steps to perform differ depending on scenario and are described further in the guide.
- This guide refers to other Virtuozzo documentation that you will need to complete the upgrade: Virtuozzo 6 User’s Guide, Virtuozzo 6 Upgrade Guide, Virtuozzo 7 Installation Guide.
- You can upgrade to Virtuozzo 7 from Virtuozzo 6 and OpenVZ 7 only. If your servers run older virtualization products, you will first need to upgrade them to Virtuozzo 6 or OpenVZ 7, respectively. For instructions, see the Virtuozzo 6 Upgrade Guide or OpenVZ documentation.
Version 7.0.12 — Dec 03, 2019