The Challenge-Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) provides a way to restrict access to targets and their LUNs by requiring a user name and a password from the initiator. CHAP accounts apply to entire target groups.
To restrict access to a target group to a specific CHAP user
- Open Storage services > Block storage > Target groups, and then click the desired target group in the list (anywhere except group’s name).
In the group right pane, click Access control, and then click the pencil icon.
In the Access control window, select the CHAP check box, and then click Create user.
In the Create CHAP user window, enter a user name and a password (12 to 16 characters long). Click Create.
Back on the Access control screen, select the desired CHAP user, and then click Save.
To change the password of a CHAP user
- Open Storage services > Block storage > CHAP USERS, click a user to open details, and then click the pencil icon.
- In the Edit CHAP user window, specify a new password, and then click Apply.
To delete a CHAP user that is not added to any ACLs
- Open Storage services > Block storage > CHAP users.
- Click the ellipsis icon of the user, and then click Delete.