You can manage compute volume redundancy and performance by changing the storage policy applied to the volume. The storage policy can be changed for volumes attached to both running and stopped virtual machines.
- You cannot change the volume redundancy type. And thus, you can apply another storage policy only within the same redundancy type. For example, the storage policy with 3 replicas can only be changed to the storage policy with 2 replicas or 1 replica (no redundancy).
- A clear understanding of the concept Storage policies.
- A volume is created, as described in Creating and deleting volumes.
To change the storage policy of a volume
- On the Compute > Storage > Volumes tab, click a volume.
- Click the pencil icon in the Storage policy field.
- Select a new storage policy, and then click the tick icon. You can choose only between storage policies with the same redundancy type.