Creates a bootable ISO-image for unattended Linux installation.
A handle of type PHT_SERVER
identifying the Virtuozzo Service.
A full path to the OS distribution image or folder.
A full path to output ISO-image file.
Guest OS version from the (PVS_GUEST_VER_...).
Full path to the OS distribution image or folder.
A handle of type PHT_JOB containing the results of this asynchronous operation or PRL_INVALID_HANDLE if there's not enough memory to instantiate the job object.
The following steps describe how to prepare a virtual machine for unattended Linux installation:
- Create a virtual machine. The machine should have all the necessary devices, like hard drive and CD drive.
- Insert Linux installation CD-ROM into the drive (or mount a disk image).
- Execute the PrlVm_CreateUnattendedCd function to create a bootable ISO-image.
- Set created ISO-image as boot device.
- Start the virtual machine. The machine will boot from the created ISO-image.
- Perform unattended Windows installation as usual.
To get the return code from the PHT_JOB
object, use the PrlJob_GetRetCode
function. Possible values are:
PRL_ERR_INVALID_ARG - invalid handle or null pointer was passed.
PRL_ERR_SUCCESS - function completed successfully.
Copyright ©2016-2017 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved.