2. Preparing for PXE Installation of Virtuozzo¶
You will need the following servers to install Virtuozzo over network using PXE:
- TFTP server that will provide an environment for network boot.
- HTTP or FTP server that will provide the Virtuozzo distribution files.
- DHCP server that will provide network configuration for other servers.
- Client server(s) where Virtuozzo will be installed. The client server(s) must meet the requirements described in the chapter Preparing for Installation of the Virtuozzo 7 Installation Guide. In addition, they must have network cards with PXE support.
Unless they already exist in your infrastructure, the TFTP, HTTP (FTP), and DHCP servers can share the same physical machine.
This chapter describes how to configure each of the required servers for PXE installation of Virtuozzo (on the example of a RHEL-like OS, e.g., CentOS 6).