3. Preparing a Kickstart File¶
To install Virtuozzo Hybrid Server in the unattended mode, you will need a kickstart file. A kickstart file is a text file containing options that instruct the installer how to configure the target physical server and install Virtuozzo Hybrid Server. Kickstart files used in Virtuozzo Hybrid Server installations are similar to those used to install RHEL-like distributions.
The two groups of options you can use in Virtuozzo Hybrid Server kickstart files are:
- the standard options suitable for all RHEL-like distributions, and
- options specific to Virtuozzo Hybrid Server (including those for Virtuozzo Storage with GUI and CLI management).
The Virtuozzo Hybrid Server EULA is accepted automatically during kickstart installations.
The following sections describe both groups in detail, explain how to create your own kickstart file, and make it accessible over network.
- 3.1. Standard Kickstart Options
- 3.2. Additional Kickstart Options
- 3.3. Kickstart File Example
- 3.4. Making Kickstart File Accessible Over Network