2. Installing Virtuozzo PowerPanel¶
To install PowerPanel, you need to deploy one controller (management) node and after that as many compute nodes as required. The following sections describe these procedures in detail.
Installation is performed by means of Ansible playbooks.
The following requirements that must be met to install Virtuozzo PowerPanel:
- The controller can be deployed on a physical host, in a virtual machine or container running Virtuozzo Linux 7 or CentOS 7.
- The controller’s physical or virtual environment must have at least 2 CPU cores and 8GB of RAM.
- The compute component can be installed on a Virtuozzo 7 host.
- Operating systems on the controller and all compute nodes must be fully updated.
- Each node in the PowerPanel cluster–the controller and all computes–must have a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and be accessible by it.
- Time must be synchronized on the controller and all compute nodes. For example, by running on each node
yum install ntpdate && ntpdate pool.ntp.org.