9.5. Account Policy¶
It is recommended to minimize the number of accounts in the host OS to make it more secure.
The general recommendations for all Linux distributions are:
- Create a non-privileged account for performing non-privileged tasks in the system.
sudofor performing privileged tasks.
- Disable remote root logon, use a non-privileged user for this.
- Disable system user logon.
- Force periodical password changes.
- Disable accounts after a number of login failures.
Version 7.0.14 — Jun 18, 2020