1.6. Resource Management¶
Virtuozzo Hybrid Server resource management controls the amount of resources available to virtual machines and containers. The controlled resources include such parameters as CPU power, disk space, a set of memory-related parameters. Resource management allows you to:
- efficiently share available physical server resources among virtual machines and containers
- guarantee quality of service in accordance with a service level agreement (SLA)
- provide performance and resource isolation and protect from denial-of-service attacks
- simultaneously assign and control resources for a number of virtual machines and containers
- collect usage information for system health monitoring
Resource management is much more important for Virtuozzo Hybrid Server than for a standalone server since server resource utilization in such a system is considerably higher than that in a typical system.