1.2. About This Guide¶
This guide is aimed at a wide range of users who are new to Virtuozzo Automator or just want to make sure they are doing everything right. The next subsection describes the structure of the guide.
1.2.1. Organization of This Guide¶
This guide includes the following chapters:
- Introduction provides the basic information about the product and the guide itself.
- Installing and Managing Virtuozzo Automator Components describes how to install Virtuozzo Automator on your servers as well as update or remove its components.
- Organizing Virtuozzo Automator Infrastructure describes how you can use Virtuozzo Automator to manage relationships between different Virtuozzo objects (physical servers, virtual environments, etc.).
- Managing Physical Servers explains how to do the following with physical servers:
- register with Virtuozzo Automator,
- monitor resources,
- manage installed OS and application templates,
- reboot, etc.
- Managing Virtual Environments centers on how to do the following with virtual environments:
- create, clone, configure, start/stop, reinstall, etc.,
- manage services and running processes,
- manage and monitor resources,
- manage virtual environment templates,
- migrate virtual environments to physical servers and vice versa.
- Managing Virtual Environment Backups provides information on the backup hierarchy.
- Managing Resource Library Tools explains how to work with file shares, virtual environment templates, IP pools, and virtual networks.
- Managing Product Licenses describes how to manage product licenses.
- Managing Virtuozzo Automator Security provides instructions on setting up Virtuozzo Automator security.
- Maintaining Virtuozzo Automator Management Tools explains how to
- create timetables to automate backup and restarting of virtual environments,
- monitor virtual environment statuses,
- view alert and task logs,
- identify top resource consumers among virtual environments.
- Managing Virtuozzo Network describes network-related concepts, such as configuring network accounting and shaping for physical servers and virtual environments, etc.
- Managing Virtuozzo OS and Application Templates provides information on how to manage Virtuozzo templates.
- Updating Virtuozzo Software describes how to check for updates, update system software, etc.
- Advanced Tasks explains how to
- use Virtuozzo Automator command-line utilities,
- monitor Virtuozzo objects via SNMP.
- Troubleshooting offers solutions to problems you might encounter while using Virtuozzo Automator.
Version 7.2 — Oct 22, 2018