9.2. Managing File Shares¶
If you have any file shares registered in Virtuozzo Automator, they will be displayed on Resource Library > Software > File Shares tab.
The File Shares table displays the file shares details as follows:
|Name||The name of the file share.|
|Description||The description of the file share.|
|Path||The network path to the physical server that will serve as a file share.|
|Size||The size of the corresponding file share.|
|Status||The current status of the file share.|
To show or hide columns, click Select Columns and set or clear the respective checkboxes
To facilitate working with file shares registered in Virtuozzo Automator, you can also filter the file shares shown in the File Shares table. To do that, click Show Search, enter search patterns in the search fields, and click Search. To change what search fields are displayed, click Customize. To view all the file shares registered in Virtuozzo Automator, click Reset Results.
To manage several file shares at once, make use of the Virtuozzo Automator toolbar right above the table. You are able to execute the following operations on file shares groups:
- Registering a new file share (the New File Share button).
- Synchronizing any number of file shares (the Synchronize button). You should synchronize the newly registered file shares to view the disk images stored on these shares on the CD/DVD Images tab.
- Deleting any number of file shares (the Delete button).
9.2.1. Registering File Share¶
Before registering a Linux SMB share, make sure the option
read only = no is set for it (e.g., in
/etc/samba/smb.conf). Otherwise, VMs this share is mounted to may not start.
To register a new file share in Virtuozzo Automator, expand Resource Library in the left Virtuozzo Automator pane, click Software, then New File Share on the toolbar of the File Shares tab, and fill out the following fields:
- Name (mandatory): specify the name for the file share which you are going to register in Virtuozzo Automator.
- Description: enter any commentary on this file share.
- Path (mandatory): enter the network path to the physical server that will serve as a the file share. The format of the path should look as follows:
\\server\path. In stead of a
<server>, you can type in either a hostname or an IPv4 address. If your server has an IPv6 address, use its hostname to provide the valid path.
- User Name and Password: provide the administrator’s credentials to log in to the file share.
After specifying the necessary parameters, click the Save button to start registering the file share. The newly registered file share will be displayed in the File Shares table on the File Shares tab of the Software screen.
9.2.2. Viewing File Share Details¶
The file share window is divided into three sections, each reflecting the following file share details:
- The General Settings section of the screen displays the information about the file share:
- the file share name;
- the path to the file share;
- the file share description if written;
- the file share size;
- the file share status.
- The Tasks section provides quick access to performing the following operations:
- Configuring the file share (the Configure link).
- Synchronizing the file share (the Synchronize link). You should synchronize the file share to view the disk images stored on this share in the File Share Content section and on the CD/DVD Images tab.
- Deleting the file share (the Delete link).
- The File Share Content section displays the disk images stored on the file share. The information on the disk images is organized the same way as on the CD/DVD Images tab.
9.2.3. Configuring File Share Parameters¶
The Configure page allows you to adjust the settings for the file share. In the General Settings group, you can change the file share name and description, the path to the file share. In the Administrative Login to File Share group, you can change the administrator’s credentials to log in to the file share.
Press the Save button to save the changes, otherwise, click Cancel.