15.2. Installing New OS Templates¶
On loading the OS Templates screen of the New Software tab, Virtuozzo Automator checks for new OS templates that can be installed on the physical server. A check is performed if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- A check has never been performed yet.
- It has been 24 hours or more since the last check.
- Connection to the repository has been insecure.
The check results are displayed in two sections: the first provides the time of the last check and the second lists found templates, the number of which is provided in brackets after the section name.
To view information on an OS template or install additional compatible application templates, click the OS template name.
To install an OS template from the list without additional application templates, check its box and click the Install button on the toolbar.
15.2.1. Displaying OS Template Information¶
This screen provides detailed information on the selected OS template and allows you to install it with or without supported application templates:
- To install the OS template without selecting any supported application templates, click Install OS in the Tasks section.
- To install the OS template along with a list of supported application templates, click Install OS and applications in the Tasks section.
15.2.2. Choosing Application Templates for Updates¶
The New OS Template: Select Applications screen allows you to choose compatible application templates to install along with the selected OS template.
To choose an application template for installation:
- Select the check box of the application to install in the Available Applications table. To choose all available applications at once, select the check box next to the Available Applications name at the top of the table.
- Click the >> button. This will add the template to the installation list in the Selected Applications table.
- Click Next to proceed.
To return to the OS Templates screen of the New Software tab, click Cancel.
15.2.3. Reviewing OS and Application Templates¶
On the New OS Template: Install Preview screen, you can review the OS and application templates you selected on the previous screens. The following information on listed templates is presented:
|Template Name||Name of the OS/application template to install.|
|Type||Template type: OS or application.|
On this screen, you can do the following:
- Install the listed OS and application templates by clicking Install. After installation, you will be taken back to the OS Templates screen of the New Software tab.
- Return to the previous New OS Template: Select Applications screen by clicking Back.
- Return to the OS Templates screen of the New Software tab by clicking Cancel.
For the installation log, click Task Log in the Management section on the Virtuozzo Automator menu on the left.