13.8. Managing Email Notification Settings¶
To have Virtuozzo Automator send out email notifications, you need to configure the mail server parameters. When enabled, email notifications are sent to users for password recovery and to the VA administrator to inform him about failed scheduled tasks.
The Messaging screen (in the Setup group on the left menu) shows the current configuration of email notification settings in Virtuozzo Automator:
- Whether email notifications are enabled or disabled in Virtuozzo Automator.
- The email address that will be shown in the From: field of email messages and used to identify you as the message sender (the System Account field).
- The email address to which the system will send administrative notifications (the Administrative Account field).
To edit any of these parameters, click Configure.
13.8.1. Configuring Email Notifications¶
To configure the email settings in Virtuozzo Automator, click Configure on the Messaging screen.
On the Configure screen, you can do the following:
- In the General Settings section, select the Enable Email Notifications check box to enable the ‘Email Notifications’ functionality in Virtuozzo Automator.
- In the System Email Account section, specify an arbitrary name and email address that will be shown in the From: field of the message and used to identify you as the message sender in the Email User Name and Email Address fields, respectively.
- In the the Administrator Email Account section, specify an arbitrary name and email address where the system will send administrative notifications in the Email User Name and Email Address fields, respectively.