15.1. Updating System software¶
On the Virtuozzo Software Updates tab of the Software Updates screen, you can browse and install updates for the following Virtuozzo software solutions installed on physical servers:
- Virtuozzo Automator.
On opening this tab, Virtuozzo Automator checks for updates if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- A check for updates has never been performed yet.
- It has been 24 hours or more since the last update check.
- Connection to the update repository has been insecure.
A check for updates can also be launched by clicking the Check For Updates button on the toolbar.
Virtuozzo updates can be of three types:
- Virtuozzo releases: major updates for Virtuozzo products. For instructions on installing major updates, refer to the Virtuozzo 7 User’s Guide.
- Virtuozzo core updates: latest patches to Virtuozzo product kernels.
- Virtuozzo tools updates: latest versions of Virtuozzo command-line utilities.
To install updates, select the check boxes next to them and click the Install button. You can also install all available updates at once by clicking the Install Everything button.
Before installing an update, you can learn more information about it by clicking View Details.