14.4. Managing Application Templates in Physical Server Context¶
Virtuozzo Automator allows you to list application templates installed on the physical server.
All application templates installed on the physical server are listed on the Container Software > Applications Templates page of any physical server in the following table:
|Name||The name of the application template.|
|Type||Denotes if it is an EZ Virtuozzo template. EZ templates have only information about the necessary packages, and the packages themselves are downloaded from a central repository. EZ templates don’t have versions.|
|Description||The description of the application template.|
|OS||Denotes if this is a Linux template.|
|Architecture||The microprocessor architecture.|
|OS Name||The exact version of the operating system the template is intended for.|
To show or hide columns, click Select Columns and set or clear the respective checkboxes.
By default, 20 templates are displayed on a page. To change the number of templates shown per page, click the appropriate link below the table. You can also filter the templates shown in the Templates table. To do that, click Show Search, enter search patterns in the search fields, and click Search. To change what search fields are displayed, click Customize. To view all application templates installed on the physical server, click Reset Results.
With the help of the Virtuozzo Automator toolbar you can perform the following operations on application templates:
- Upload a new template that you have locally and install it on a physical server registered in Virtuozzo Automator (the New App/OS Template button).
- Install an OS template present on this physical server to other physical servers registered in Virtuozzo Automator (the Install to HNs button).
- Select some templates in the table and add them to one or more virtual environments of the given physical server (the Add to Containers button).
- Delete those application templates that are not needed any more. To this effect, select the check boxes opposite the application templates you wish to delete and click the Uninstall button.
- Update the selected templates with the latest packages from the Virtuozzo update repository (the Update button).
Clicking an application template name opens the screen where you can view the detailed information on it.
14.4.1. Viewing Application Template Properties in Physical Server Context¶
The description of the selected application template is given at the top of the page, after which the Summary section provides additional details on the template:
|Type||Denotes if it is an EZ template. EZ templates have only information about the necessary packages, and the packages themselves are downloaded from a central repository. EZ templates don’t have versions.|
|OS Template||The OS template the given template is compatible with.|
|Platform||Denotes the operating system the template is intended for.|
The Installed in Containers section enumerates those virtual environments where the given template has been added. You have the possibility to select any number of virtual environments in the table and remove the given template from them (the Uninstall From Containers button).
If, before doing anything, you want to see what packages the application template includes, open the Included Packages tab.